Dental Team Vaccine Department of Health Guidelines
The Department of Health guidelines recommend that clinical members of the dental team should be up to date with the following vaccines:
· Hepatitis B (HBV) vaccine (antibody titres for hepatitis B should be checked one to four months after the completion of a primary course of vaccine).
· Measles Mumps and Rubella (MMR) vaccine (unless documentation is provided of having received two doses of MMR or having had positive antibody tests for measles and rubella).
· Chickenpox vaccine if non-immune (protects against chicken pox and shingles).
· BGC vaccine (protects against TB – immunity tested with Mantoux test).
· Tetanus, polio, diphtheria (routine vaccinations).
· Seasonal Flu (annual vaccine)
Non clinical staff such as receptionists and cleaners should be up to date with the following vaccines:
· Tetanus, diphtheria, polio, MMR (routine vaccinations).
· Hepatitis B (a requirement for staff who come into contact with body fluids and blood during their work or there is a risk from sharps injury or splashes such as handling clinical waste).
– See more at: https://www.isopharm.co.uk/dental/immunisation#sthash.2LccxM5g.dpuf